Sunday, November 20, 2011

DC 2010

The moment I learned that I'll be traveling to US for a conference, I emailed my krung krung friend Nina :)

Subject: i can't contain
nina, guess what....


:)


Re: i can't contain
FREAK CESS IS THIS WHAT I THINK IT IS????? US OF FREAKIN A???????? DEETS NOW NA!!!!!!

OK. nasa library ako ngayon at may katapat na cute med student sa computer. but whatevs, i'm smiling big time tetttttttttt!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! confirmed o CONFEEEEEERMED??????
ok ok nakangiti pa rin ako mukhang tanga. gather.. gather gather...

Aaaaw memories of endless exchange of happy emails. Mga one week akong hindi nakapag trabaho ng maayos. Haha. Ang sama :)

So, here's what happened in November 20, 2010

8AM final photo ops inside Crowne Plaza Universal
9AM went to the airport bound to JFK (got stuck there for a while because the TSA officer wouldn't believe that my name is Princess. Anubaaa.
~12NN plane left for New York!
~3PM rode a bus from JFK to Manhattan. Got a glimpse of THE Concrete Jungle
~5PM rode the Tripper Bus from Manhattan to Arlington!!! :)
~10PM arrived at McDonald's safe and hungry

and here's our first picture together :) eeeeee Ninaaaaa!!!

We heard mass first thing the next day and had this delicious Bagel. I forgot its name. Hehe.

and let our adventure and photo sessions begin! :)

We had too many beautiful pictures making it hard for me to choose the best ones for this post! but this one's my most favorite. :)
(failed) jumping around DC :)

with Sir Ambet :)

Another reason to go back: have pictures in Georgia and California stations ;)

Upper left: cool idea I got from the internet. Saw other tourists putting out some bills after. :) Lower left: trying to be "Candid" and we looked I don't know what. In short mukha kameng ewan. hahaha.

The start of our salampak sa grass pose :) We had the same pose in New York and Atlanta! We could've had a concrete version in Hollywood Walk of Fame kaso inindian niya ako. hahaha ;)

DC is a poor-traveler-friendly place. Ang daming libre at magandang pasyalan! Walang entrance fee!

The Mall

White House is a must!

We had dinner at Chipotle. Aaaaw Chipotle... I miss you!
First Night pa lang puno na ang memory card at nakakapagod na! Buti na lang marami akong dalang Dolfenal. hehe.

Nina had classes the next day, so she tagged me along Georgetown. What else can you do when you're alone and you have a camera, a tripod and a remote?

the school girl is back to take my pictures with the fallen dahons. I love yellow and orange leaves on pictures! So Koreanovela. And yes, we did our jump shots again. She was hesitant at first. Baka raw may makakita sa kanya. Hahaha.

♪ One love I love you soooo ♪

Free Godiva Chocolate! Killed time at some old house and i-forgot-the-name park while waiting for Tal :)

The beautiful Cathedral in DC :)

Nina booked a guided tour called "Monuments by the Moonlight". DC is equally lovable during the night! It would've been romantic if the three of us had partners. hahaha.


No moving for 3 seconds!


Last day to tour around DC, we went to Madame Tussaud's to pose with the powerful and the famous :)

One last round alone because Nina had to work on her thesis

I had a DC version of Alone Time in a Foreign Land too! I planned going to Vietnam and Korean Wars Memorial but it was raining so I went (free) Museum hopping instead.

I made it back to Nina's apartment alone! :) The working girl treated the student with a dinner. She owes me ;)

Dear beautiful DC, it was a short wonderful visit. I have a handful of reasons to go back :)


No comments:

Post a Comment