Sunday, November 13, 2011

Orlando 2010

Dear Ms. Ramirez,
This is to inform you that you are officially invited to participate in 2010 Americas Revenue Management All Team Meeting to be held in Orlando, Florida from November 15-19, 2010. Please plan on attending this meeting.
...
Sincerely,
...
This is the sweetest letter I've ever received in my entire life!!! eveeeeer!!! USA!!! USA!!! Freakin' USA!!! :D
2 months of "I can't contain" moments, googling for places to go, shopping for things to bring, finally November 13 came, along with sore throat and colds because of pure excitement! :)
Layover at Nagoya International Airport. First time in Japan! ;) I was blessed to experience Business Class for the first time! Shalan na libre! Thanks IHG! :)



Kailangan talagang maghirap muna ako para maging masaya ang trip na 'to, clogged nose and pressure after take off and before landing, one word --- torture. Amazing race to catch our connecting flight from Detroit to Orlando, na ang ending naman ay naiwan pa rin kame ng plane. (echosero kase yung Customs Officer, ayaw maniwala na Princess ang pangalan ko, haha). Tapos, yung isang luggage ko naligaw sa Kansas! We arrived at Orlando ~5PM, safe and worried for my tripod inside my naligaw na luggage! Hahaha. Eeeeeeee ang lamiiiiiiiiig! Nasa Amerika na akoooooo!!! :)

First stop was Orlando Premium Outlet Stores. And because I thought it's warm(er) in Florida, I wore shorts. Maygad, kaylamig! parang chiller section sa grocery! haha.


My home away from home for a week, Crowne Plaza Universal :)

Day 2: Disney World's Magic Kingdom! Wow! I felt like a 5-year old girl all over again! I really appreciate that Darlene went with me kahit nakapunta na siya ng Disney sa Anaheim, mahal ang entrance at hindi kasama ang kanyang baby boy. Well, if given a chance, uulit ulitin ko rin ang Disneyland! Sooo surreal! Mga thrice akong naiyak! Sa parade, sa isang show at sa fireworks! Hindi ako OA! Nakakaiyak talaga. hahaha.


Disney Buddy!

ang nakakaiyak na morning parade...

ang nakakaiyak na morning presentation.The theme was about dreaming and believing. starring Minnie and Mickey, Donald Duck, Goofy, Peter Pan and Wendy and many Disney Prince and Princesses. Super love!


no adventure rides for us and I loved it! I did not pay $80+ to see the place upside down no! hehehe.


Night parade. Can I just say that I smiled after taking this picture? Ang ganda kase. Ang galing ko. hehehe ;)

happy me :)

The magical and guess what, nakakaiyak na fireworks. Puro tsamba yung shots kase click lang ako ng click without looking inside the viewfinder, to concentrate more on watching! Thank you dear tripod and slow shutter speed! :)



I found this on youtube. The same show I saw! (parang toung twister haha) Aaaaaw... beautiful memories are all coming back. I'm teary-eyed :')

♪ Starlight, star bright, first star I see tonight... I'll make a wish and do as dreamers do... and all of my wishes will come true ♪ indeed :)



Back to regular programing. I went to Orlando for "work", by the way. hehe. Here are some higlights, konting pictures lang from the official photographers kase I didn't have a point and shoot cam at nakakahiya naman dalhin ang huge cam sa conference rooms. hehe :)


For most of the time, nakaupo at nakikinig lang ako sa mga presentations. Insert meeting people and nose-bleedan in between. It was nice to finally associate faces and voices with the people I only communicate thru email! We had Marc Woods in the first day. Sobrang inspiring. See some parts of his speech here. :)

I was so lucky to go to 2 theme parks for free!!! Yey! Thanks Revenue Management! :)

Disney World's Epcot for team building on Tuesday Night. We went around the park, asked for different translations of the word "Team", dined at an authentic Italian restaurant and had Sangria! Tamang pampalakas ng loob lang mag English :)

Universal's Islands of Adventure on Wednesday with Global Revenue Management Team! Alex, Darlene and I were the non-roller-coaster-riders so we went around together :) We avoided the Hulk Roller Coaster Ride but was peer pressured to ride a scarier roller coaster. Naka-hang ang paa! Demmit! Nakakatakot! In return, the team gave me a toast for my first roller coaster ride! :) It was nice(?) to try it but I vow not to do it again.


Non-Harry Potter-fan in Hogwarts :) The ride was amazing!

Another scary ride in Jurassic Park. Islands of Adventures nga e.
Spiderman and X-men! Wait!!! Picture!!!

While waiting for others for dinner

Dinner at the world's largest Hardrock Cafe :) 2 glasses of margarita = fluent English ;)

Show we Care activity at Give Kids the World on Thursday. We decorated a house with Christmas lights! Well, taga-abot lang pala kame ni Darlene, Alex did most of the job. Ang taas e! haha

Revenue Management 2010 :)

Awards ceremonies at night and we had some final activities and wrap up on Friday morning. Pictures to follow. :) Everyone else went back to Atlanta and Darlene went to New York for the weekend, which leaves me alone in Florida!


I spent the rest of the afternoon at Ripley's Believe it or Not Museum. Walking distance lang from the hotel. :)

I wanted to go to City Walk or sa free area sa Disney but it was too dark already. Hindi pa ako adventurous nun :) Kaya nag stay na lang ako sa Hotel. At 8 in the morning the next day, I left for another adventure. Na-separation anxiety ako sa Florida :)

Goodbye Sunshine State! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment