Friday, June 8, 2012

Accidental Alone Time in the City of Angels

A retro-post of my Los Angeles trip in September 2011 :)

I am really trying to keep up! And as I go along, I will try to squeeze in some travel tips. Yeheees bumablogger! Hahaha. ;p





This side trip was originally my friend's idea but I ended up going there alone, thus the title. My camera, tripod and remote didn't fail me. ;)


I have a golden rule for future solo travels --- I may eat in a fancy restaurant or or go clubbing alone, but I will never go around a theme park by myself. It's pathetic. ;p For the record, I just had lunch at City Walk and didn't go inside the Universal Studios. ;)

 
And because I was not that prepared for the challenge and I've heard from a lot of people that LA is not a commuter-friendly city, I booked a Hop on Hop off bus to go around ($35 for 24-hour ride + free Chinese Theater Tour). But given a chance to go there again, I'd explore it by metro train and by foot. It's doable naman for the love of travel and decent pictures! I was actually convinced by an article I read from a travel blog that availing a HoHo bus is the worst touristy thing you could ever do. ;) Hindi siya sulit:
  1. Very pricey compared to commuting
  2. You'd get too comfortable sitting, you wouldn't want to Hop off, have photo-ops, and wait for more than 30 minutes for the next bus to arrive. Exactly what I did. ;p
  3. Crappy photos of the attractions
  4. Street signs and traffic lights might chop off your head. SERIOUSLY.
But if you have very limited time to explore and research, ok na rin. Just try to listen to stories of the tour guide/driver to compensate for the disadvantages. ;)



Very Hollywood Movies!!! :)


I saw THE SIGN. Starstruck moment.


The attractions of the first route. Thanks to fast shutter speed. I had to do a lot of cropping and rotating because the original shots were either tabingi or badly framed. ;p


 Walk of Fame! :)

Pretty 'no? ;) My favorite time of the day to shoot! :)
Holiday Inn Universal aka Beverly Garland for $59! Thanks to employee rate. :) It really felt like home here because ang daming Pinoy staff sa hotel. From the receptionist to the driver. They made me feel welcome and hatid sundo ako ng shuttle sa pinakamalapit na metro station! I love the Pinoys abroad. :)




swim time

I started the tour at 7 AM the next day and took the Downtown route of the HoHo bus. It was friggin' cold!



I wish I had pictures here.
Freeway. Scary!

after availing the free chinese theater tour which was pretty boring, ;p

pinagtitinginan na ako ng mga tao dito. ;)
frustrating frustrating photo with the view of Hollywood sign

off to San Diego via Amtrak
Next Up: San Diego! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment